On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, [iso-8859-1] Aleksi Niemelwrote:

> I'd say the distributed package should contain all necessary instructions

It was not a criticism, people learn in different ways.  There is
a lot of detail in there, I need the global picture you provide.

> and pointers. I don't know if it's too much to ask, but as you learn things
> now, could you mark down all what you've found out and what's missing from
> the docs.

Will do.  I wish to provide constructive feedback where I can.

	[...]
> Well, here's something to get you started. I assume you have installed
> RubyUnit.

	[examples trimmed]

Yes, that is clearer now.  Thank you.

> Look RubyUnit examples and assert.rb through to see what you can do and
> assert.
>
> Study these URLs a little.
>
> http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?UnitTests

That looks good.

> c2.com's pages at wiki at not bad to read completely!
>
> http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?TestingFramework
>
> Other implementations (and variations and examples). Notable Ruby is missing
> :(.
>
> http://www.xprogramming.com/software.htm
>
> Other implementations, notable Ruby is present.

Thanks for those.

> http://www.xprogramming.com/testfram.htm
>
> The Kent Beck's page explaining the framework. It's in smalltalk, so Ruby
> one was a little bit easier to me, but I'd say this is the authorative :).

This looks very good.  I'm not fluent in smalltalk, but that may not be
such a problem.

> 	- Aleksi

	Thank you.
	Hugh