> I don't know any real solution to this right now. GC is slow,
> so let's not do it, OTOH without GCing now and then we run
> out of memory *fast*.

I might add that maybe we would like to be heading to incremental GC world,
with separate GC thread doing the business.

My program is basically a server standing on a (Ruby's internal) select loop
quite much. Current implementation of Ruby really waits there, and GCs when
needed, not when idling.

Maybe this would be something for 1.7 development, but as usually I think
Matz has some ideas or even plans already..

Besides, I don't know a thing about GCs, so i guess we need real experts
from Academic world to help us (or Matz :). Current GC has been borrowed
from some Scheme implementation, it seems, so maybe we don't have to do it
ourselves next time either. That would be nice too ;).

	- Aleksi