Hi all,
  after spending quite long time figuring out how to write program which
will serve about 500-1500 connections simultaneously I found few confusing
issues ...
  No matter how hard I try I'm still getting segfault/deadlock exception
with ~ 510 connections. I tried to use code from FAQ - threaded, nonthreaded,
I even wrote a 'limited number of sockets per thread' model ... everything
just crashes down (no matter what kernel/ruby/glibc I'm using). :(

Because I don't want to waste bandwidth, I put all my results here:

http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xsafran3/ruby-is-buggy.tgz

nothr.tsvr.rb   -- no threads
mytsvr.rb       -- limited # of sockets per thread model
thr.tsvr.rb     -- one thread per socket
tcli.rb         -- test client

Is there anybody (more experienced) who solved this problem?

Please, speak up :)

Thanks in advance,
                       Wejn
--
              Wejn <lists+rubytalk(at)box.cz>
(svamberk.net's Linux section, fi.muni.cz student, linuxfan)