Conrad Schneiker <schneik / austin.ibm.com> writes:

> Do you mean internals insofar as basic datatype representations are
> concerned, or something much more extensive--i.e. pretty much
> everything?

It's pretty much everything - when you write a Ruby extension, you're
calling in to the interpreter just as other parts of the interpreter
do. There's no real separate API for extensions (apart from the Struct
business).

> Is there any good on-line description/documentation of Ruby's C-language
> API? Even if I can't find someone qualified to submit this, this is too
> interesting an experiment to pass up.

There's some good stuff online, and the README.ext file's pretty good
too. I _may_ be able to put some of our chapter online too, but I'd
need to clear that.

Dave