Hi,

Dave Thomas wrote:

> A while back we had a thread where I suggested a kind of super-require
> that would go and fetch packages automatically on request, but this
> was generally thought to be a bad idea.

I'm not sure how general I am, generally speaking, but I didn't dislike
the idea, I just disliked the proposed role for it. There's a big
difference between a mechanism that depends on (or is effectively broken
without) that capability versus making it optional, or as being
exclusively used in lieu of a standard comprehensive "SDK distribution"
(to use the new Perl6 terminology) for *both* users and developers.

(BTW, with auto package fetch, I'd like the default option to be to ask
me first before doing anything, and then tell me what it does
subsequently, in the same run. (Another option that some people might
want is the option of using a Ruby repository on some local server.))

--
Conrad Schneiker