VT wrote:

>Hi All,
>  I am a Ruby newbie, and so far I am loving it.

I'm quite new myself (also loving it) and haven't used any of this
professionally. But playing around I found

>What should I use (mod_ruby | eruby | erb)?

mod_ruby + eruby  took me a long time to set up. But if speed is a great
concern then that's maybe what you'll have to do. I've heard stability
rumours, but haven't experienced. But then I was just playing (no load)

erb is sweet, small and sweet. You'll have it running in 10 minutes. Use
with (fast)cgi or even ruby server if you can afford.

I also tried fast_cgi (http://fenris.codedogs.ca/~eli/fastcgi.html).
Fast-CGI is a protocol that sends request information to a (or several)
running processes. (Thus avoiding the overhead of restarting ruby every
time, and mybe more importantly removing you from the possibility of
database connection reuse)
The fastcgi module is old and stable and the ruby implementation worked
fine for me. Together with erb a good alternative (IMHO) to the pure
ruby way.

Cheers
    Torsten