Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng <hgs / dmu.ac.uk> writes:

> Testing needs to be done, how this is done is another matter.
> Should there be peer review for submissions to the archive?
> Should the author(s) provide evidence of testing?

I think it would be a good idea if every submission had it's own
RubyUnit test suite associated with it. That way, you could test both
the package _and_ its compatibility with your particular environment.

Of course some packages are harder to test this way than others, but
such a testsuite would have detected things such as the language
change that stopped the date2.rb library module from working.

At some point in the not-too-distant future I'll be releasing my
first stab at unit tests for the Ruby 1.6 built-in classes and
modules.

Regards

Dave