> On Sep 24, 2019, at 13:47, Martin DeMello <martindemello / gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 2. Expose it at host:port (currently with puma, though I'm happy to change that if some other server makes it easier), and put it behind nginx with a prefix, e.g. myapp, so that the actual urls are /myapp/input and /myapp/process which rewrite to host:port/input and host:port/process

POST often responds with a redirect. Let's say /myapp/new -> /myapp/form -> /myapp/list. Who should make sure that /myapp is on the redirect if the redirect is coming from your sinatra app? It sounds like maybe a raw rack layer underneath your app to just deal with adding/removing this prefix might be the right approach, but I'm not sure it's the best idea.

What's your motivation for keeping the sinatra side ignorant of the prefix?