Well - I looked at the windows 2000 server logs - didn't say much more than
that I connected...

So I tried to find another server.. my friend runs WarFTPd on a windows
box - and I had the same problems connecting.

He found the logs, and it said -

"illegal command buffer. hacking? closing connection"

So... Am I sending things too fast?? My code to connect::

Start code
          $myFtp = Net::FTP::new(holder[1])    # holder[1] == server name
          $myFtp.login(holder[2], holder[3])      # holder[2] == user name
          listDirectory()                                      # holder[3]
== user pass
End code

It's fine before the 'login' method is called - but it never gets to the
'listDirectory method...

Any more thoughts on why I'm running into this problem with Windows servers?

-Rich