Summary of ruby-dev 17609-17666:

[ruby-dev:17615] substitution at when-clause

  Takaaki Tateishi proposed to extend the case-expression, so that
  we can substitute a variable with the result of comparison '==='
  at when-clause as follows:

    case "abc100def"
    when /\d+/ => pos
      p pos   # => 3

  However, Matz didn't agree with him since the semantics is not
  intuitively appropriate.
  Keiju Ishitsuka also proposed another extensions which allow us
  to use block-like expression in case-expression as follows:

    case {|v| v == x }
    when v1

    for x case v == x
    when v1

  The above expression is almost equivalent to the following expression:

    f = proc{|v| v == x}
    case
    when f.call(v1)

  We can obtain a result of comparison using this idea:

    case {|v| $result = (v == x)}
    when v1

  Matz was being positive about this idea.

[ruby-dev:17633] rdtool (the newest ruby documents)

  Wakou Aoyama proposed that we had better automatically generating ruby's
  documentations using RD.

[ruby-dev:17662] update irb to cvs repository

  Ishitsuka Keiju announced that he would update irb in the official CVS
  repository.
--
Takaaki Tateishi <ttate / kt.jaist.ac.jp>