Its Ok,

I use Curl to send a file to a servlet.

Curl lets you send multiple POST parameters. It also lets you put these
command line parameters in a config file.
What I do then is read data from the file I want to send and then write
it to the end of the config file.

This works Ok for small files. However there some IO speed problems with
Ruby or Curl with big Files, say > 1Megabyte.
I UrlEncode and MD5sum the file data with Ruby. Curl also has to read
its large config file. It takes maybe a minute to do this for a large
file

Peter