On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 2:03 PM, Konstantin Kozhin
<konstantin / profitco.ru> wrote:
> Some docs you may find at
> https://docs.docker.com/toolbox/toolbox_install_windows/#what-you-get-and-how-it-works
>
> Docket Hyper-V:
> http://stebet.net/installing-docker-tools-on-windows-using-hyper-v/

Thanks a lot!

> As I heard the latest Docker for Windows uses native Windows containers on
> the latest versions of Windows but I haven't tried it yet.

I followed the initial link to
https://docs.docker.com/docker-for-windows/ and from there to
https://docs.docker.com/docker-for-windows/install/ - that does not
sound like native containers, at least Linux containers still seem to
be run in a VM. if you think about it that is the only way it can
work, as the Windows kernel does not exhibit the same API and
functionality as the Linux kernel. So, on Windows you actually have
overhead for the single VM that all containers share (will change in
the future) and the smaller overhead for Docker container itself. That
lets installing in a VM without any Docker look not so bad in
comparison.

Cheers

robert

--
[guy, jim, charlie].each {|him| remember.him do |as, often| as.you_can
- without end}