On 2002.07.06, David Alan Black <dblack / candle.superlink.net> wrote:

> Also (again, the terminological problem), the thing we're talking
> about here isn't a traditional OO inheritance or parent/child
> relationship, but rather the matter of an object knowing what the
> value of "self" was at the time that it was instantiated.  I've found
> the thread interesting, though I'm still not convinced that this
> notion has a place in good Ruby code design.

Is there a concrete example where the only way to implement something
is to know what the value of "self" was at the time the object was
instantiated?  I can't think of one, which doesn't mean there isn't
one, but any example I try to think of, I can think of a better way
of doing it that doesn't require knowing what "self" was ...

-- Dossy