Samuel,

On 2017-03-26 14:44, Samuel Williams wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I've just released the next major version of Utopia, source available
> at https://github.com/ioquatix/utopia
>
> It's a content-centric web framework for Ruby. It's fast (native ragel
> parsers) multi-threaded (concurrent-ruby for internal caches,
> rack-freeze for safety) and it's used in production for several years
> now. It's semantically close to being what I'd consider my ideal web
> framework for content-centric websites and applications.
>
> I'd love to have (good and constructive) feedback about Utopia.
> Additionally, I've waited until 2.x to announce the framework, because
> during 1.x there were a lot of churn (by design). Feel free to ask any
> questions and if you choose to use Utopia for your next project let me
> know! If you try it out and it's not what you expect, feel free to hit
> me up, I'll be interested to understand your use case, and perhaps
> improve the documentation.
>
> Kind regards,
> Samuel
>
> Unsubscribe:
> <mailto:ruby-talk-request / ruby-lang.org?subject=unsubscribe>

I posted this on the Rails list recently but got no response: "Really
simple Webmail client - sensible on Rails?" - I am wondering if Utopia
might be a worth investigating for the job?  So far I have a working,
basic Rails page simply printing IMAP IDs and Subjects for the INBOX . .

The background in that post was:

I run a RoundCubeMail Webmail server on Fedora 25 x86_64 and this works
out very nicely for me wherever I am using a desktop computer with large
screen as a client but the Android RoundCubeMail app is terrible and
other mail apps are no good for various reasons.  I am think of building
a really simple, server-based, Webmail client - just to read mail in the
INBOX initially - and if that works out OK - enhancing the client to:

- read other Maildir folders

then:

- add a reply / forward mail option

then:

- add other features in priority order

I was thinking the display of messages would be really simple page
listing of the mails on the web page where I could open individual mails
for reading.

Also, that some RAM-based DB could be used for storing the messages
(read from the Maildir folder) - which would just disappear on logout or
get recreated on changing folders.

Do people think this viable / worth doing?  Is there a simpler solution?
  If it is worth doing, I would just put the code up on GitLab to try and
get some other people interested in further development.

What do you think? - is Utopia a sensible option?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades