On 03/22/17 16:53, Marvin Glker wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 02:51:23PM -0400, leam hall wrote:
>> How do I take Ruby code and package it so I can give it to a Winderz or mac
>> user and they can run it without having to install Ruby? I would assume the
>> binaries would be different, but doable.

> In my opinion, if you can't tell the user to install a Ruby interpreter,
> you shouldn't use Ruby for creating programs for that user. Ruby is no
> one-size-fits-all language.
>
> Marvin

Understood. The goal is to provide a simple program installation like a
windows MSI or the MacOS equivalent. Right now I'm using three different
Ruby versions and if native OSX is 2.0.0 that would be a fourth. It
becomes an agenda item, how important is sharing the executable. Have to
figure that one out.

Thanks!

Leam