In my last job, our codebase was a mix of python, bash and c. We wrote an
integration test framework in ruby, built on top of test::unit, that made
sure the entire system worked well together; the entire dev team agreed
that it was more pleasant to pull ruby in than it would have been to do the
same thing in python.

martin