Guys, thanks!

One day I might be good enough at Ruby to get a paying job, at the moment
I'm working on refactoring code some idiot wrote a couple years ago. Sadly,
it's my own code...

While I've done small stuff in a few languages, so far Ruby is the only one
that makes me want to code more and learn more.

Leam

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 1:41 PM, Noah Gibbs <the.codefolio.guy / gmail.com>
wrote:

> At Ooyala, we also used Ruby for our analytics query stuff. Backend
> MapReduce stuff, Cassandra and Hadoop. Also used Ruby for analytics at
> OnLive, though the lower level was mostly Pentaho and Esper. Ruby makes a
> great language for prototyping analytics queries before you do a "fully
> baked" version in a faster-to-execute, slower-to-write language.
>

> On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 12:23 PM, Carlo E. Prelz <fluido / fluido.as> wrote:
>
>>         Subject: Re: Ruby Jobs that are not Rails?
>>         Date: sab 11 mar 17 02:42:19 -0500
>>
>> Quoting leam hall (leamhall / gmail.com):
>>
>> >    Thanks guys! I'm looking for all the info i can get. While I can do
>> simple
>> >    stuff in a couple of languages Ruby is the only one that makes me
>> want to
>> >    just sit down and do more coding.
>>
>> I am still able to fill up a working week with interesting stuff to do
>> in Ruby+C, with little or no internet involved. So much so that I do
>> not want to hear about coding during weekends ;-) Granted, I'm the
>> only one to do that at the place where I work, but I'm enough...
>>
>> (open philosophical bracket)
>> it may be that we build up our own reality
>> ...a bit...
>> this world appears to be moving farther from wisdom every day,
>> but my personal impression is still that I reap what I sow.
>> (close philosophical bracket)
>>
>> Carlo

(supressed text/html)