Hey,
as you may have read, I own a webhost. This question is related to that
fact.

I'm currently working on a PHP Developer service and I'm wondering if a
similar idea could be used for Ruby.

You can read the idea here (.doc):
www.its-explosive.net/~davey/Product-Spec-PHP.doc
or here (.txt):
www.its-explosive.net/~davey/Product-Spec-PHP.txt

Please read one of those, so you have a good idea of what I'm planning.

Now my question is, what would you require to provide the *ideal* Ruby
development environment, where you can develop and distribute your
applications.

I need to know such things as what modules do you want etc.

Assume I don't have *any* ruby support *at* all. So you would need to
think about what version(s) of ruby itself you'd like, eRuby, mod_ruby,
*everything*.

Based on this feedback, I will try to put out a product that the
community as a whole can benefit from.
Just remember, I don't know ruby, which is why this help is crucial to
me. I do know PHP very well however, so any links that you can make (for
example between mod_ruby and mod_php) are welcome.

I look forward to the feedback and to hopefully providing something that
will only help to push ruby into the limelight it deserves.

- Davey