Hi --

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Dossy wrote:

> I know two things:
>
> 1)  Inheriting methods from your parent is good.
>
> 2)  Needing to know what the class of your parent is a coding smell.
> Especially if you are using multiple inheritance.

Also (again, the terminological problem), the thing we're talking
about here isn't a traditional OO inheritance or parent/child
relationship, but rather the matter of an object knowing what the
value of "self" was at the time that it was instantiated.  I've found
the thread interesting, though I'm still not convinced that this
notion has a place in good Ruby code design.

David

--
David Alan Black
home: dblack / candle.superlink.net