--=-5+ZbcpkD30xhJlA24r6K

On Fri, 2002-07-05 at 16:17, Sean Russell wrote:
> Yeah, but this is a known problem that is waiting for the m17n (i18n?)=20
> solution.  Man, those are some of the most un-intuitive namings of anythi=
ng=20
> I've ever seen.

They're easier to remember when you know that "m17" means
"multilingualization", or "m, 17 letters, n". Same for "l10n" and
"localization" or "i18n" and "internationalization". I'm sure the people
who work in those fields appreciate not having to type what could easily
amount to 100 characters a page for words that everyone reading such a
paper would know.
--=20
 - Joe Wreschnig <piman / sacredchao.net>  -  http://www.sacredchao.net
  "What I did was justified because I had a policy of my own... It's
   okay to be different, to not conform to society."
                                   -- Chen Kenichi, Iron Chef Chinese

--=-5+ZbcpkD30xhJlA24r6K

--=-5+ZbcpkD30xhJlA24r6K--