On Friday 05 July 2002 02:18 pm, kentda / stud.ntnu.no wrote:
> (Sorry if this has come up already, I'm not all up to date)
>
> Well, maybe I'm being harsh, but I had a look in Wired july 2002,
> red cover yelling "The Next Intel".
>
> 'lo and behold on pages 60-61, a huge programming language graph.
> Ruby has incoming arrows from Eiffel, Smalltalk-80, Python as well
> as from Sather. So far so good, I think.
> But along comes a notes box on page 61 and states that
> Ruby is "A hardware description language"...
>
> .... and I thought that graph was a good sign at first :-(

We discussed this earlier.

I think the problem is that Grady Booch, who did the graph, lives in a
C/C++/Java world. His experience and the practices of the customers
of Rational don't necessarily include Ruby.

Nice guy, talented and all, but not too into dynamic languages.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com