On Sat, 6 Jul 2002 01:07:17 +0900, Michael Campbell wrote:
>>> thought it was strange myself. personally i'd like it if String
>>> and Array where a little more in harmony. in c/c++ strings are
>>> arrays, arn't they?
>> This is something which bites everybody, I think, at some point.
> Not to be a pedant, but this seems like a huge breakage of the
> POLS, if it bites everyone, no?  =)

I don't think so; IMO, the PoLS is what is least surprising overall
-- not just least surprising for those of us with a C/C++
background. Even though I can wrangle C/C++ ZCHAR strings with the
rest, I am much more comfortable with a native string type.

-austin
-- Austin Ziegler, austin / halostatue.ca on 2002.07.05 at 18.03.25