> Subject: Wired magazine being their usual acurate self...
>

> (Sorry if this has come up already, I'm not all up to date)
>
> Well, maybe I'm being harsh, but I had a look in Wired july 2002, red
> cover yelling "The Next Intel".
>
> 'lo and behold on pages 60-61, a huge programming language graph.
> Ruby has incoming arrows from Eiffel, Smalltalk-80, Python as
> well as from
> Sather. So far so good, I think.
> But along comes a notes box on page 61 and states that
> Ruby is "A hardware description language"...

But it is:

http://web.comlab.ox.ac.uk/oucl/work/geraint.jones/ruby/

Of course, there's the Ruby language we know and love (and related to
Eiffel, Smalltalk-80, Python, etc.), and this *other* Ruby language thing.

I first ran into it while searching here:

http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/cs

(a rather nice site.)

> .... and I thought that graph was a good sign at first :-(

Well, it would be if they kept their references straight.

James