David Alan Black wrote:

> I don't know -- sometimes I think it's more a matter of generating
> publicity *about* a logo (or an ad campaign, or whatever), as in the
> case of that idiotic Nike checkmark that we're all supposed to think
> is so amazing and ingenious.  So -- maybe we can generate publicity
> for Ruby as "the programming language with all those wonderful logos"
> :-)

Heh.  Interesting thought.

I'm pretty sure that, given what little we know about how the brain
operates, consistency and frequency are key to association.

Yeah, the swoosh got a stupid amount of publicity.  Why?  The Coco-Cola logo
was around for AGES before the swoosh, and is recognised around the world.

--
 |..  "Paradise is exactly like where you are right now ... only much,
<|>    much better."
/|\   -- Laurie Anderson
/|