> It is unlikely that you have used "curses", because it is something ancient
> and abandoned.

Oh, maybe that is the case. I just went back to look, and this is the
original gem I used that I was thinking was curses:
  https://rubygems.org/gems/curses
but it does mention ncurses in the description. but the thing that still
has me confused is, what's actually labelled as ncurses(ncursesw or
ffi-ncurses) has different methods than the first one. there's definitely a
lot more in ncurses but even basic stuff like Curses.init_scrren is
different. That's why I thought I was using the old one. so if the first
one is actually ncurses why do they have different methods? don't get me
wrong, the differences are minor. like curses uses init_screen and ncursesw
uses initscr. are they just different peoples own versions based off the
original or something? if that's the case then is there a specific version
people would recommend? I'm using ncursesw now since it has the most
downloads by more than 100,000
(supressed text/html)