I'm looking through the (not very good) documentation for Audite. so far
I'm liking what I'm seeing. it looks like this is exactly what I'm trying
to make here (methods/classes for controlling mpg123) so at least for now I
think I'm close to set! thanks again guys!

one last thing though, I haven't lost hope on using SDL yet though, I just
need some better documentation, tutorials or someone willing to go through
and explain a few things. so if ANYONE can help or knows someone who might
be willing to I would GREATLY appreciate it! Like I've mentioned before,
this current project is just a stepping stone to eventually creating a
softsynth (software synthesizer), and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to
use SDL for that.

alright, one last time... thank you everyone for all the help! hopefully
I'll be able to report back with some real results soon! lol.

On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 2:47 PM, Micky Scandal <mickyscandal / gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thomas, thanks for that info. I didn't realize shoes supports audio/video.
> I thought it was just a GUI toolkit. I'll definitely be looking into that
> and might even use it at some point, but for now I'm actually specifically
> trying to create a command line player, but really good to know, I'll
> definitely have uses for that. thanks again
>
> On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 2:03 PM, Micky Scandal <mickyscandal / gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thank you Peter! I don't know how I missed that when I was going through
>> rubygems.org! That looks like it could be exactly what I'm looking for I
>> will get it installed and tested out a little bit and report back. Thanks
>> again!
>>
>> On Nov 19, 2016 1:59 PM, "Peter Hickman" <peterhickman386 / googlemail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> It's been a while since I did any SDL but this looks like a good place
>>> to start to play audio on linux (maybe OSX)
>>>
>>> https://github.com/georgi/audite
>>>
>>> or if you are comfortable with reading C then this example
>>>
>>> https://gist.github.com/cdave1/10563386
>>>
>>> would probably be easy to translate
>>>

>>> Unsubscribe: <mailto:ruby-talk-request / ruby-lang.org
>>> ?subject=unsubscribe>
>>> <http://lists.ruby-lang.org/cgi-bin/mailman/options/ruby-talk>

(supressed text/html)