Thomas, thanks for that info. I didn't realize shoes supports audio/video.
I thought it was just a GUI toolkit. I'll definitely be looking into that
and might even use it at some point, but for now I'm actually specifically
trying to create a command line player, but really good to know, I'll
definitely have uses for that. thanks again

On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 2:03 PM, Micky Scandal <mickyscandal / gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thank you Peter! I don't know how I missed that when I was going through
> rubygems.org! That looks like it could be exactly what I'm looking for I
> will get it installed and tested out a little bit and report back. Thanks
> again!
>
> On Nov 19, 2016 1:59 PM, "Peter Hickman" <peterhickman386 / googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> It's been a while since I did any SDL but this looks like a good place to
>> start to play audio on linux (maybe OSX)
>>
>> https://github.com/georgi/audite
>>
>> or if you are comfortable with reading C then this example
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/cdave1/10563386
>>
>> would probably be easy to translate
>>

>> Unsubscribe: <mailto:ruby-talk-request / ruby-lang.org?subject=unsubscribe>
>> <http://lists.ruby-lang.org/cgi-bin/mailman/options/ruby-talk>

(supressed text/html)