I'm sorry for being not so clear in my question.

I'm using linux, and when we try to run a python script we type  "python
<tab>" the python binary can recognize all python files only . This is not
the case with ruby binary

On 19 November 2016 at 02:35, Toshihiko Ichida <dogatana / gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 2016/11/19 7:45, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:

>>> No clue what this means...
>>>

>> What he *probably* means is that he's on Windows, and wants to just type
>> <foo.rb> and have it execute.  Which means he needs to go and Google
>> "Windows file associations", so that he can associate files ending in
>> .rb with the Ruby interpreter.
>>
>> Note that Ruby, itself, doesn't do this -- rather, the operating system
>> does.
>>

> Ruby doesn't. And we can do it manually as Ken wrote.
>
> RubyInstaller for Windows does through setup if a checkbox is enabled.
> I've never checked it though :)
>
> --
> Toshi

*Senior Information Security Engineer OSCE, GWAPT, **CEH, **OSCP, **RHCE, *
*CCNA, **MCITP-EA*
(supressed text/html)