I'll definitaly take a look at your gem, what's it called? I noticed
someone else mentioned having to install SDL_Mixer But I do already have it
installed so I'm pretty sure that's not the issue (not sure why that reply
ended up in my spam folder...). right now, I'm looking at other gems that
are more suited to directly what i need like ruby-audio, or easy_audio
(which both use sdl, i think), so there's less extra stuff I don't need.
does anyone know of a gem i havent mentioned for playing/working with audio
files? or if anyone just has some general advice on working with sound, i
would really appriciate it. I know I'm in over my head, but I figure it's
sink or swim and I'm too fat to sink!

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 2:27 PM, Ryan Davis <ryand / zenspider.com> wrote:

> > On Nov 17, 2016, at 14:20, Micky Scandal <mickyscandal / gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I need some help working with sdl. At this point all I'm trying to do is
> get ruby to play an audio file using the rubysdl gem (I really can't find
> much out there on this gem except for the documentation). this is my code
> as of right now:
> >   #!/usr/bin/ruby
> >
> > require 'sdl'
> >
> > SDL.init(SDL::INIT_AUDIO)
> > sound = SDL::Mixer.open(44100, SDL::Mixer::DEFAULT_FORMAT, 2, 1024)
> > sound.load("rebel-theme.wav")
>
> I don't have any working examples for this, but my graphics gem has
> sdl-mixer already hooked up. You can either pilfer from it or feel free to
> switch to it. I'm actively working on it (not the audio part, yet, but I'm
> totally happy to take a PR with an example using it).
>

> Unsubscribe: <mailto:ruby-talk-request / ruby-lang.org?subject=unsubscribe>

(supressed text/html)