On Fri, 2002-07-05 at 05:31, Massimiliano Mirra wrote:
> C'mon, for an object to be coupled to the one where it was created is
> still a specific case, not the general one.  I don't think that in
> `puts "hello, world"' you want the string to be coupled to the object.
> Instead I think you'll want the coupling to be as clear as possible to
> who reads the code, and both `x = X.new(self)' and `x.parent = self'
> do this pretty good, don't they?

well, i just passed self, again. so imust ask you, how general is
general? so far, just about every sizable script i write i end up
passing self somewhere. "hello, world" is not a good example as it is an
utterly useless program. useful programs are much more complex, where
self passing is much more likely and useful.

sure passing self isn't that bad. but i don't think accessing the
creation-parent object is that uncommon.

--
~transami

	-- Benjamin Franklin