Hi --

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Sean Russell wrote:

> This is how advertising works.  Bombard the consumer with a consistent logo;
> they see it everywhere, and the product itself becomes an important part of
> their world by how many associations they have connected to it in their
> brain.  Said another way, without a formal logo, Ruby is handicapped in the
> mindshare department.  Not crippled, but handicapped.

I don't know -- sometimes I think it's more a matter of generating
publicity *about* a logo (or an ad campaign, or whatever), as in the
case of that idiotic Nike checkmark that we're all supposed to think
is so amazing and ingenious.  So -- maybe we can generate publicity
for Ruby as "the programming language with all those wonderful logos"
:-)

David

--
David Alan Black