Thanks Dave - the Bookmarks are set...

Harry Ohlsen wrote:

> In an example such as Phlip gave, it would be nice to be able to pass a
> value to the block, as in ...
>
>    line = TkcLine.new(aCanvas, [fromX, fromY, toX, toY]) { |color|
>                   fill color
>             }

      other = self

    line = TkcLine.new(aCanvas, [fromX, fromY, toX, toY]) {
                   fill other.getColor
             }

However, I thank those who respected my seniority but did not test my
senility by replying with the obvious:

    line = TkcLine.new(aCanvas, [fromX, fromY, toX, toY]
                        'color' => getColor
                        )

I already knew that but forgot to write it as a counter-example.

Were I to care about the cost of stringing verses the cost of blocking, I
could ask if building a map of strings be more expensive. But I don't so I
won't.

--
  Phlip
        http://clublet.com/c/c/why?ZenoBuddhism