It seems that the ./configure --disable-ipv6 was necessary on MacOSX. If
it isn't fixed in the next release of Ruby, it might get fixed in OS X
10.2 in the fall. I wouldn't hold my breath for ipv6 to be ubiquitous
anyway!

/U

On onsdag, juli 3, 2002, at 04:10 , Evan Martin wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 07:46:44PM +0900, Urban Nilsson wrote:
>> compiling socket
>>
>> Fatal: --enable-ipv6 is specified, and your OS seems to support IPv6
>> feature.
>> But your getaddrinfo() and getnameinfo() are appeared to be broken.
>> Sorry,
>> you cannot compile IPv6 socket classes with broken these functions.
>> You can try --enable-wide-getaddrinfo.
>> -----
>> Where should I add the --enable-wide-getaddrinfo? Assuming it works,
>> ofcourse!
>
> ./configure --help
> will list all of the compile-time options.
>
> You could also try
> ./configure --disable-ipv6
> unless you need ipv6...
>
> --
>       Evan Martin
> martine / cs.washington.edu
>   http://neugierig.org

----
Urban Nilsson, Oops AB

"My inbox is a sacred shrine, none shall enter that are not worthy."
--Ted.Dziuba