On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 07:49:09AM +0900, Tom Sawyer wrote:
> no need to pass self and explicitly store it. so there's a fictional
> example for you. in the real world there are many cases of such a
> parent-child relationship.

C'mon, for an object to be coupled to the one where it was created is
still a specific case, not the general one.  I don't think that in
`puts "hello, world"' you want the string to be coupled to the object.
Instead I think you'll want the coupling to be as clear as possible to
who reads the code, and both `x = X.new(self)' and `x.parent = self'
do this pretty good, don't they?

Massimiliano