> I remember seeing not too long ago a little gotcha somewhere in the
> mod_ruby documentation that you get memory leaks if you use
> 'apachectl restart' because memory allocated by the interpreter
> wasn't freed, but I don't see it now -- was it fixed?  That was the
> only issue that made me hesitate to have it installed hither and
> yon.

Actually, it's graceful that you have to watch out for, but that's not
a mod_ruby thing, it's an Apache DSO thing.  Unless your handler
provides an explicity way of handling DSO reloads from the same PID,
Apache will just reload your DSO and will change the internal location
that it maps for the DSO (never freeing the old DSO).  mod_perl
suffers from, as well as likely many other modules that are loaded via
DSO's.  Moral of the story: use apachectl restart where possible.
'apachectl restart' actually brings the entire webserver down and
restarts it from scratch so you should be good to go no matter what.
-sc

--
Sean Chittenden