Well, it might from my original description.  I'm not sure how if it
handles multiple references to the same object.  Regardless,  I've
realized I need more flexibility than that really offers.   I don't
actually want to load *all* the objects up front.   I want to load a
core-set of objects, and then load others "on-demand".  Ideally, these
latter ones would even get dropped from memory if not used in a certain
amount of time, though that may not be required.