Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:00433] pearl, perl, ruby, and ruby"
    on 99/07/08, Julian R Fondren <julian / cartotech.com> writes:
>You may be aware that 'perl' was known briefly as 'pearl' before the
>author realised that the name was already taken. The pearl language is:

Interesting!  I know existence of pearl only as the legend about
naming of perl; I didn't know what pearl was!

>notice something? "Ruby"! The five pedalogical languages based on markov
>alogorithms are 'pearl', 'brilliant', 'diamond', 'nonpereil', and 'Ruby'!

Each name sounds very proudlooking in this collection :-) But Ruby
itself sounds cute. I remember lwall said ``Perl is cute'' in the
preface of Japanese edition of `Programming Perl'.

By the way, could you tell me about `Markov algorithm'?

>  1. Jones & Sheeran, 1986.  Hardware description language.  "Ruby - A

Recently I found it too.

>Well, isn't that interesting? I wonder how this, if it all, affects our
>own beloved programming language of ruby =)

I'm anxious that they may frown when our Ruby become more famous in
the world...

-- gotoken