A buddy of mine and I are going to do a hack feat together, we've come up with a few idea on what we would like to do but however I would like some suggestions on what can, and should be done.

We are thinking of doing he following:
- writing a complete file converter using JRuby
- writing a hex editor with a front end development and the back end development in Ruby
- programming a roomba in Ruby

So here's my questions, for the file converter, is that even possible in JRuby?
For the hex editor, how difficult would this truly be?

Can these things actually be done?

Sent from my iPhone