On 7/3/02 1:54 AM, "Bruce Hobbs" <brucehobbs / engineeredsw.com> wrote:

[snip]

> dln.c:1091: header file 'dlfcn.h' not found
> cpp-precomp: warning: errors during smart preprocessing, retrying in basic
> mode
> make: *** [dln.o] Error 1
> ==========
> I'm running Mac OS X 10.1.5 on a TiPB/500Mhz/1GB RAM/almost 2GB free disc
> space.

> Can anyone point me in the right direction? TIA!

Ah, the famous "'dlfcn.h' not found". This ought to be a FAQ.

Short Answer:
The easiest way around this problem is to temporarily adjust your PATH so
that fink's sw directory is not in it. Others have reported success by
simply creating a file named dlfcn.h somewhere in their path

Semi-Informative Answer:
By default, the Ruby build will attempt to build in Tcl/Tk support. If you
aren't running fink, this will simply fail and  the build will continue. If
you are running fink, and have your PATH modified per the fink installer, it
will succeed just far enough to barf on the missing file.

Note that actually getting Cocoa Tcl/Tk to work with Ruby using only GNUMake
is beyond the ability of mere mortals. Both make and mkmf are too ignorant
of frameworks to look for headers in /System/Library/Frameworks. Visit the
Mac branch of Tcl/Tk on SourceForge for some pointers about how to do this
with Project Builder.
--
We ought not to treat living creatures like shoes or household belongings,
which when worn with use we throw away. -Plutarch, biographer (c. 46-120)