Tobias Reif <tobiasreif / pinkjuice.com> writes:

>> This is why the FSF requires all official GNU project contributers
>> to assign the copyright of their work on said project to the FSF.
>
> This is irrelevant, because it is not a requirement for getting support.
>
> They will help, and it is not required that they are the copyright holders:

[...]

Well, yes.  Of course they would help.  I'm sure no one thought the
FSF would just ignore a violation if it wasn't their own
code/documentation.  I guess I was trying to express the fact that
they wouldn't go after violations without the copyright holder's
agreement.

Perhaps I was being a little strong -- I didn't mean to imply they
would do nothing for you. :)

Have a nice day,

--
Josh Huber