> From: David Alan Black [mailto:dblack / candle.superlink.net]
>
> But the OPL *does* restrict you.  It says that unmodified AND MODIFIED
> versions (where "modified" explicitly includes translations) have to
> include the paragraph I quoted before.  You released a modified
> version (as defined by the OPL), but omitted that paragraph.  Nothing
> you have posted to this list has included a single syllable of
> explanation of this.

If a modified work is restricted by the terms of the OPL, I don't see how
simply asserting otherwise would make it any less true.

In other words, if I translate the pickaxe book into Swahili, publish it on
a website, and then claim that the work is now under a completely private
copyright, it wouldn't be true simply because *I said so*.  Wouldn't people
be justified in mirroring the modified work, with the copyright and
licensing information changed to the correct version?

James