Um, you'd still have to install the byte-code interpreter and any
third-party C-based modules.  You could wrap things into a single
executable, but you can do that now without byte-code compilation.

Rite's compilation will be similar to Java compilation - you make the
byte-code archive, and then still have to install the VM to run it all.