On 6/29/02 9:13 PM, "ccos" <ccos / bigpond.com> wrote:

>> I just thought that it might be good if Mac users from the Ruby
>> community would offer to give them advice on what to package with it
>> etc, so that people new to Ruby will find the right libs....
>
> agreed!!
>
> are you offering to gather all of our suggestions and make them
> available to apple
> as one complete list, or are you suggesting we just individually contact
> them?

Why not do both. We can  still submit feedback at
http://www.apple.com/macosx/feedback/. An organized list might get attention
too. We have to be a little careful though. Apple hasn't announced a
decision to preload Ruby in the desktop version.

> i think it would be great if there were a more organized os x/darwin
> ruby community.
> in any case, i think one person should compile all of our suggestions
> into one list and send it
> off to apple as a cohesive whole. i would be only too glad to volunteer.

Thanks.
--
Every society honors its live conformists and its dead troublemakers.
-Mignon McLaughlin, author