Hi,

This is not a comment for your code, sorry.  I will check it later.

In message "[ruby-talk:00431] Re: New feature for Ruby?"
    on 99/07/07, Clemens Hintze <c.hintze / gmx.net> writes:

|That class with a test is attached on that mail. Please consider, that
|I had to write a dummy MyInt class, which do the same as the original
|Integer class, as there are no Integer#succ and Integer#pred methods
|with optional stepsize argument. If we already had them, I would not
|need MyInt!

You can replace the methods of existing class.  For exapmle,

  class Integer
    def succ(n=1)
    alias next succ
    def pred(n=1)
    alias prev pred
  end

will do the job for you.  Oh, how dynamic Ruby is. :-)

                                                matz.