"Hal E. Fulton" <hal9000 / hypermetrics.com> writes:

> On a related note: Are there instructions for building Ruby on
> Windows? I never got it to work with djgpp. I'd be willing to
> try it with VC++, but I'd like to see at least minimal docs
> first. Maybe they're there and I just haven't noticed them.

In the win32 subdirectory.

> And another thought: How well does Rubicon work on Windows? The
> last time I tried it, there were some (fixable) problems. This
> tool is IMO too important to be just the plaything of its creator
> (Dave?) -- I think the community should get behind it, on every
> platform.

Pretty well. Chad and I spent a long time on it a couple of months
ago, and it's getting there. The real problem we bumped in to was
deciding was something not working a bug, or something that wasn't
supposed to work. If you check out a recent Rubicon from ruby-lang
you'll see all sorts of conditional stuff to make the tests run better
under Windows.

My ideal would be to have 90% of that conditional logic REMOVED by the
year's end.

> Enough rambling from me.

And me

Dave