--Hf61M2y+wYpnELGG

I'm developing some code that needs to intercept when an instance
variable is set for a class. It needs to be arbitrary; i.e., I don't
want to have to have code declare variables differently than they do now
and I don't want them to have to create mutator methods (since it needs
to intercept non-public values as well).

I tried overriding instance_variable_set but see that that's not how
Ruby actually sets values and is just a programmatic helper method for
working with an instance.

So, does anybody know how to intercept assigning values to instance
variables? Thanks.

--=20
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce / gmail.com>
http://mcpierce.blogspot.com/
Famous last words:
   "I wonder what happens if we do it this way?"

--Hf61M2y+wYpnELGG

--Hf61M2y+wYpnELGG--