Dear developers,
I'm a student who want to participate in Google Summer of Code. I'm
interested in the idea about implementing a JIT compiler. I have some
questions about it.
1. Anything to do before submitting a proposal? Fixing a simple bug or
submitting a little piece of code is required by some organizations, and
do we have similar requirements?
2. About the idea itself, what kinds of JIT is needed? Compile all codes
before execution and recompile hotspot code with high level of
optimization(like google V8), or just compile frequently executed code,
with other bytecode left to be executed directly?
Your answer and advice will be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Yule