nagai / ai.kyutech.ac.jp wrote:

> Hi,
>
> From: "Hal E. Fulton" <hal9000 / hypermetrics.com>
> Subject: Re: Minor Tk bug on Windows?
> Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 12:46:25 +0900
> > This problem is still happening to me in
> > 1.6.6... has anyone else seen this?
>
> Probably, current tcltklib.c has memory-allocation problems.
> Some of the problems happen only when Tk event-callbacks very
> frequently occur. Whenever same sequence of events occurs, if
> the events happen not so rapidly, the application has no trouble.
> I'm trying to fix them, but still cannot succeed.
>
> Can you try the recent CVS version (1.7.x) ?
> However it does not complete to fix the problems,
> some of the problems are removed.
> --
>                                   Hidetoshi NAGAI (nagai / ai.kyutech.ac.jp)

hello,
I don't know if it will be useful for your problem, but here is what I
noticed under windows:

I make a bind('Configure', proc ...) on a frame, to get its dimensions
form the event fields
(because cget('width') return always 0)
** If the frame has a borderwidth > 0, ruby crash ! **
if there is no borderwidth, all works fine.
the crash occurs when the frame is opened, i.e. when the callback
occurs.

jf

/ do you play Go?                         \
|http://jeanfrancois.menon.free.fr/rubygo |
        \   ^__^
                ||----w |
                ||     ||