Thread name: "Re: mail library in ruby" Mail number: 16 Date: Wed, Dec

> On Dec 10, 2014, at 09:27, Lzaro Armando <lazaro / hcg.sld.cu> wrote:
> > Can you tell me more about modular Rubies? How could I make a
> > custom modular ruby?
>
> The brisk version is building and installing ruby, install whichever
> gems you need, and compressing and sharing the Ruby directory tree.
> Depending on how Ruby depends on other libraries in the system,
> there may be other things you have to or want to distribute. I
> believe [citation needed] most gems have licenses that allow
> repackaging and redistribution.
>
> Thanks for bringing these issues to the list! It”Ēs difficult for me
> to anticipate and understand how Ruby gets used around the world,
> and I”Ēll definitely think about these problems when distributing
> things for the community.

A off-line comrade told me that RVM would be a good solution, but the
off-line process is no enough good (in his opinion)

Would be great have a good RVM off-line support; then, a good gem set
solve the problem...

With a package "all in one with batteries included" that could be a
solution for my country.