Thread name: "Re: mail library in ruby"
Mail number: 12
Date: Tue, Dec 09, 2014

> On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 10:36 AM, Lzaro Armando <lazaro / hcg.sld.cu> wrote:
>

> > Many newb programmers (ruby users) value the lang by its standard
> > library. In countries like this, where internet is lucrative, use gem
> > is not a option, but, thats is not a problem. Many times, I told to
> > people (super developed countries people); for example "with ruby,
> > just like it, you can do that".
>

> Is there a case for a "batteries included" distribution of Ruby that ships
> with a larger set of gems, i.e. mail, nokogiri, (maybe?) activesupport, so
> that you can get a more useful library in a single download/session at the
> cost of download size and storage space, while allowing others to just
> download the core ruby, and being able to grab that functionality from gems
> when necessary?

Yep, my "windowsist off-lines comrades" ask my to download
railsinstaller, their consider it a kind of batteries included pack.

My question was about the ruby philosophy, I was worried about the
future of standard library and as seed, it will be dismantled.

My question is answered and this thread is becoming a bit weird, lets
finish it here...